Tuesday, November 30, 2004

 

Cats vs. Butterflies

Ok, I don't think there is any life lesson in this story, but it happened today and I almost wet myself so I thought you all needed to share it with me.

After lunch, the kids are supposed to sit in "circle time" and read a book. Now, one of our children (who it seems to me is a few fries short of a happy meal) was wandering around, playing with the window, just being "out there". So I go over to him and what follows is our interaction.

Me:Herbert (name changed to protect the innocent...plus I have always wanted to write Herbert...just rolls off the fingers..Herbert...aahhh...) what are you doing? Why aren't you reading in Circle time?

Herbert: I can't!

M: Why not?

H: 'Cause I'm nervous.

M: What are you nervous about?

H: (Very seriously; almost in tears)The cats can't catch the butterflies.

M: (stunned pause...then): Why does that make you nervous?

H: Cause the cats jump and they can't catch them.

M: (thinking I need to be paid more for this)Go read your book...

If anyone can figure out what life changing maxim this demonstrates, feel free to share. If not, feel free to just laugh at the kids...the stupid, stupid kids...


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?