Sunday, February 27, 2005

 

I'm Back!!!!

Ok, yes it has been too long since my last update...I suck as a person...are we ok now? Good. Just got done spending 12 hours at the high school working on the set for the Music Man and had a bit of nostalgia...or maybe it was the paint fumes...anywho, I remembered countless hours doing the same thing, getting ready for our shows, but something struck me as odd. In fact, I have really noticed something completely different about this group of kids compared with those of our years.

Now, I am not about to try and make any type of talent comparison because...well frankly, we rocked...but it just seems that this lot doesn't care like we did. Oh, I'm not saying they are not working hard, they have certainly come a long way, and there are definitely a few that would have fit in well with us. It's just that the sense of urgency, dedication, and seriousness that made our shows such an important thing to us seems to be lacking. Perhaps we were the same and now I just see it different in retrospect. Perhaps what I expect because of my training is unreasonable for a high school group and I have set the bar too high (a la Mr. Daniel, right Zhubin...dang he was good...). Or perhaps it just runs in waves and we are currently in the trough awaiting the next major crest to ricochet Farragut back to its rightful place as king of drama. Apparenty Bearden's shows are now the talk of the town and Farragut is...well..not... Regardless of which it is, it made me miss all of you and the energy and enthusiasm we had. We had some good times didn't we...

(Quick note: After looking back at what I have just written, I have decided I am apparently 83...and incontinent...why not...)

Regardless of all that, Music Man is going good and opens this Thursday and I leave for England two weeks from tomorrow to finally see my woman! So off to bed and a full day of tech tomorrow. They do not pay me enough for this...

Comments:
So you have a full day of tech planned hmmm? I guess that means you will be missing Section 8 practice again. So, let me get this straight... these kids you are working with aren't as determined as us but yet you choose to go rehearse with them instead of us, your friends who have this so called determination...interesting.

Just kidding of course. Have fun at tech.
-Graham
 
It's about freakin' time!
 
It's about freakin' time!
 
I know it's silly to make such a comparison at this point, because it was just so long ago, but "Home For Christmas" seemed to try harder, didn't it? I mean, "I'm Back!!!!" has it's strong points and all, but "Home For Christmas" had such a sense of urgency, dedication, and seriousness, something I feel this new post is just lacking. Perhaps it just runs in waves and we are currently in the trough awaiting the next major crest to ricochet Rag Land back to its rightful place as king of weblogs. Apparently Zhubiness is now the talk of the town and Rag Land is..well...not.

Sorry, this joke ran its course 50 words ago.
 
The reason Zhubinness is doing so well right now is that I put a lot of effort into recruiting, which helps smooth out the natural highs and lows of talent.
 
Wait...if we were good back in our year, does that mean we were recruits. And, if so, where's my bonus check suckas?!
 
In the mail, lost with all the other rebate checks no one ever recieves. Harlo there mr. consumer if you pay me $200 now, I'll "write" you a check for $150 later...I promise! If this isn't the greatest invention of capitalism in our century I don't know what is!

~Brian
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?