Tuesday, March 08, 2005

 

CRASH!!!!

Well ladies and gentlemen, today was another first in my life. Throughout our lives we all go through innumerable firsts that go from big (first kiss) to small (each subsequent kiss...). However, today was another first. I was driving down the road in my neighborhood going around a corner, and a 16 year old driving an SUV decided that my side of the road would be more fun than his and took it. Yes, diligent readers, I was in my first head on collision. I am fine (my knees fought the dash and the dash won) and have been checked out, but it was one of the strangest experiences of my life. Here is the thought process in my head, "He's coming towards me...he's going to hit me?...he's going to hit me...wait, I think he's going to hit me...OH SWEET LORD HE'S GOING TO HIT ME...CRASH!!!!...I think he just hit me..." or something like that. So all in all, it was a fun day. That's really all from me. Just thought I would tell you I almost died...if you care...which you don't...sigh...

Comments:
Did you ask him why he felt it necessary to come on your side of the road...and subsequently hit you?

~Brian
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Well, I did, and, in a typical 16 year old male underachiever way, he said, "Hey...uuuuuummmm...you ok...I mean I was going the speed limit and all...yeah..." What a wonderful generation!
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
I like how his notion that going the speed limit somehow made the entire situation O.K. I think the next time I get in trouble I'm going to tell the other person it's all good cause I was going the speed limit.

~Brian
 
One last thing, if that had been me I probably would have been a real smart ass about it, I imagine the conversation would go something like this:

ME: So hey bud, let me ask you a question are we in Knoxville, TN?

Stupid Teenager: Uh, yeah...why?

ME: Well, I was just wondering what caused you to believe you were in France and drive on the wrong side of the road, because honestly I'm just not seeing the Eiffle Tower near-bye.

Stupid Teenager: Well, I was going the speed limit

ME: Awesome, not only was I hit in a head-on collision in my lane...I was hit by a retard.

~Brian
 
BRILLIANTLY SAID! I just love that even though the kid was totally in the wrong and saw me get out of the car bleeding, his first response to anyone was, "I was going the speed limit." Not "hey bleeding man that I just hit through my own stupidity. Have I injured you?" or "Hey, maybe I should call the police or an ambulance for bleeding man". No it was a simple, "I don't want to accept responsibility so let the excuses roll!!" Stupid kids! One good thing is that my cell phone took a trip towards the window but didn't make it out as well as I did, so I got a new phone today...that Speed Limit Boy is paying for. And all it took was possible death and great injury. Cha Ching!
 
kissyfur,

glad you're ok. car accidents are scary as hell. lets go find the kid and hit him really hard in the knees with a dashboard. that'll teach him to drive on the wrong side of the road like those damn brits....uh, i mean........

;)
 
Wow, glad you're doing okay.

The kid actually wasn't that stupid - if he had apologized, it could be used against him later if the issue had gone to some sort of insurance litigation.

When you and I got in that car crash on New Year's Day back in 2001, I was thinking the same thing. But considering the circumstances I think it would have looked somewhat silly.
 
What the kid actually got cited for was: 1)Failure to yield 2)Driving on the wrong side of the road 3)Driving with faulty equipment (his front tires were bald). Also, as soon as the cop got there he asked the kid how fast he was going and the kid said, "The speed limit...like 25." Then the cop, who lives in the neighborhood over, said, "Boy, I felt the crash from my kitchen...you were not going 25. Get back in your car and sit there!" It was brilliant.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?