Monday, April 11, 2005

 

Weddings + Me = HELP!!!!!

Well we are getting down to the wire now and everything has needed to be done yesterday for this wedding. We just got the invitations out today so you should be receiving them shortly. If for some reason you don't get it soon, you can still see all the details and RSVP at rcwedding.com. You might have to refresh the page once but it's a really cool site designed by a good friend of mine. However, I must digress for a second.

There is a fundamental difference in men and women that accounts for a woman's proclivity in planning, designing, and otherwise pulling off massive events such as weddings, parties, and inaugurations. Mark my words...at the head of every successful party is a woman...or maybe a successful party is that you get the woman...one of the two. Now I have never professed any great ability in detailed planning and am, I will admit, quite unable to care. This wedding, on the other hand, requires minute planning to the smallest detail. Did you know that you are supposed to send invitations to your rehearsal dinner? These are the people who know, and have probably known for months, that they will be a part of your wedding and knew the date almost before you did...and you are supposed to send them invitations to come to the practice the night before?! Suffice to say that I am trying to nix that...we'll see if the feminine contingent lets me...

It is quite common for a woman to spend a year planning this one day and feel as if they need that entire time to do a decent job. I guess I am just too cynical and think there are better uses for a year than planning one party. I am not saying it is not important, because I know it is, but a year still seems a bit like overkill.

Since Rachael is in England, I am dealing with most of the stuff which means I am delegating most of the stuff which means I am asked for my opinion and then told it should probably be done a different way. When this occurs, one of two things happens. 1)I accept it and it is done the suggested way or 2)I persist in disagreeing and am told to ask Rachael (in an attempt to set me straight, I suppose). Now I cannot tell you how amazing the people helping me have been and that I couldn't do it without them, but I am learning daily that there are certain ways to do things at a wedding and my sense of humor about what would be cool or fun is rarely appreciated. Oh boys, if e're there was something of which we should take no part, it's name is wedding. Run...run lest it consume you...RUN!!!!!

Comments:
My entire wedding party is going to consist of trained Chimpanzees wearing tuxedos and smoking fine cigars. It will be awesome!
 
I don't want to say that Scott stole your thunder, Christopher, but your wedding sounds kind of lame now.
 
Well, I hate to split hairs, but looking at who my groomsmen are, I am not far from trained chimpanzees myself...all I need are cigars...
 
Seriously. Nice idea Scott. Chris...I think you should have some trained chimpanzees smoking fine cigars but before you say no do us all a favor and ask Rachel what she thinks about it.
-Graham
 
Wait, Rachel as in Rachel Dunn or Rachael as in Rachael Mills?
 
I say ask both. You can't be to cautious about these things.
- Graham
 
Wait, To Careful as in the preposition, or Too Careful as in the adverb?
 
SINCE i see my imput was so CLEARLY needed here.....

i say go with the fine cigars. the trained chimpanzees would be a nice touch as well....

there. you have my blessing. and let's face it, that's all you really need.
 
I think the chimpanzees sound great...Christopher, get Jean on the case!!! Tee hee!
I'm coming over on Saturday guys...can't wait!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?