Friday, June 10, 2005

 

Five Things I Hate About You

Well, as one of the last of our group of friends, I would like to first thank Graham for thinking of me as finally worthy to share my thoughts. So, as has been done by those before me I now begin: THE MEME!!!!!

The meme states as follows:
Behold, the Caesar's Bath meme! List five things that people in your circle of friends or peer group are wild about, but you can't really understand the fuss over. To use the words of Caesar (from History of the World Part I), "Nice. Nice. Not thrilling...but nice."

1. Axis & Allies: Now I understand the strategy inherent in this game and the hours of grueling and tireless movement and countermovement in order to eventually crush your opponent, but there is nothing that kills one's coolness faster than "Let's play axis and allies." IE: "Hey guys, I am dating a supermodel and just got put in people's 100 most intriguing people. But hey...let's play axis & Allies...wait my phone's ringing...what?!...you want to break up with me?...hold on I have another call...What?...now I am only in Redbook..." And thus it goes. Axis & Allies is to our age group the equivalent of choosing to forego dodgeball at recess for a rousing game of Star Trek...right Zhubin?...

2. Clubbing: Now it's not really as much you guys as other groups of friends, but I find a loud atmosphere fairly writhing with hormones and every sleazy guy and underdressed girl looking to do anything to each other under the cover of alchohol...well that's just not my cup of tea. If I want to go somewhere with my friends, I want to be able to see and hear them and carry on a conversation. Someplace with lots of light...open 24 hours...free refills...Perkins anyone?

3. Sex not being awesome: All I have to say, Zhubin, is that I was COMPLETELY right...

4. Bachelor Parties: I understand the idea behind them; one last hurrah before you are tied down. However, if you feel the need to have more hurrahs, it is my opinion you have no need to be getting married. Plus, have you seen the kind of girls you get in Knoxville for strippers...I mean...not that I looked...it was really just a glance...Rachael I love you....

and finally

5. America: I mean come on guys. You've tried that country for, what now, 23-25 years. Give another country a go. Geez...

I now pass this on to Brian Gentry, Bobak, and (insert your name here if you haven't done it yet...can't think of anyone else)...man I love that last guy/girl.

Comments:
I don't understand 3...are you saying that Zhubin says sex isn't awesome and that he was wrong, or are YOU saying sex isn't awesome.

~Brian
 
Zhubin said it wasn't all it's made out to be and I said it was. And I was right!
 
What?! I said that sex isn't the religiously-hued epiphany of stars and divine communion that Christopher thought it was! I said nothing about it otherwise!

And a public blog is an entirely inappropriate place for this conversation! Go home, people!
 
It's ok Zhubin...let it out...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?