Friday, October 14, 2005

 

God bless the tube!

Just had something funny happen today and thought you should all know it. I had to take an alternate rout into work today because one of the metro lines was closed due to workers walking off and refusing to drive. Now, here in London this happens for many reasons, from the merely stupid to laughably ludicrous, but, for perhaps the first time, I am glad they walked. The reason they didn't want to drive is that on FIVE different trains yesterday, the emergency brakes gave out. FIVE!!!! They stopped (eventually) and said, umm, how bout us not driving till we have...ummm...brakes? And the higher ups said to not worry about it...you can just coast to a stop (or something like that) and I believe the tube drivers then told them where to stick their crumpets. Ah, London...bombs and no brakes...

Also had coffee with a friend from Pepperdine and got the info on a bunch of my uni friends. Good times...good times... Before coffee, though, I was at a voice over job where I had to do the voices for, in this order, 13 year old American, 40 year old Canadian, 16 year old American, 45 year old gruff American, 25 year old American, 30 year old Canadian, and finally generic narrator voice in Canadian accent. What's that all aboot?! Just thought you should all know I am having an identity crisis...again...why won't the voices stop?!...

Finally, most exciting is that Zhubin will be coming to visit me in the new year which has officially pushed his friend point total over the threshold and he has won the Friend Cup. Let's all congratulate him and try harder next year...Scott...seriously...

Comments:
I work at a freakin' movie theater! Not being able to travel abroad is the very least of my problems. By the way, did you know if you eat Ramen noodles every day you get rickets? Just a little fun fact.
Glad to hear you're still alive and well, although updating infrequently. Are you coming home for the holidays at all? I heard the English wear wreaths on their heads at Christmas. Is that true?
 
Scott I'm suprised you don't have scurvy or metabolic bone disease (which is impossible in humans!) or something.

~Brian
 
No not coming home for Christmas but may be there for Thanksgiving. As for the English, no they don't wear wreaths on their heads...they wear the skin of dead babies in honor of Baby Jesus.
 
So, yeah, it was a pretty good day, all in all. I got some errands done, and later on, it even started to--Whaaa? Did he say dead babies?! Merciful heavens!

Get out of there immediately, Christopher, and turn your back to the deceptive calm of the harsh Kingdom of Unity (or whatever it's called). Return home to America, where everything you once knew is waiting for you--just the same as always--and be welcomed into the warmly patriotic bosom of Uncle Samantha.

Okay, so not everything's the same.
 
I'm browsing the blogs of everyone I went to high school with. Christopher, now is your time to be judged.

I'll be in the UK in August. If you're still there we should hang out. If not, you're not my friend. Send me an e-mail at: thiggins@timesfreepress.com
 
Wearing the skin of dead babies is pretty festive. But not nearly as much as a giant dead baby being lowered over a fire so everyone nearby can smoke it. Right?
 
Friend Cup? FRIEND CUP?!?!? I realize that not attending your wedding (which I heard was absolutely LOVELY, by the way) puts me probably last in the race for the Friend Cup, but do I improve any in my ranking if I tell you that London is in my fare alerts for travelocity?

And I won't be home for Thanksgiving so I won't see you then either (and thus I lag behind in the Friend Cup, but I get to see Maria!). Grrrr to having no annual leave to come home.

But I must say, I really must cross the big ocean just to hear the audible differences between 30 and 40 year old Canadians. Fascinating.
 
Skin of dead babies, you say? Sounds delicious.

-BONE
 
that 25 year old american thing must have been REALLY tough on you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?